Traveling will always be one of life’s greatest pleasures, but doing so requires money. A comfortable vacation usually entails spending on transportation, accommodation, food and drink, clothing, and of course, the right suitcase to take with you.
|Skyway Luggage co.||4.0/5|
While some may think it’s practical to sacrifice quality and purchase a cheap suitcase to use once, this isn’t necessarily the case. In this article we use the word “cheap” and we are strictly referring to the price. The reason these are the best cheap brands is because they each make great affordable luggage. These days there are a multitude of options when it comes to buying a durable, high-quality suitcase without breaking the bank. Suitcases are an excellent investment, and the best part is that many of them will cost not more than $100 (some are just around $50!). Cheap suitcases that will last you a long time are easy to find, just read up on our recommended brands below:
- Traveler’s Choice has made a name for itself for making premium luggage for travelers as well as sports bags. Traveler’s Choice is a brand valued by athletes and discerning travelers alike, who appreciate the brand’s dedication to creating unique pieces that are practical and affordable. The Traveler’s Choice Cambridge 20-inch Carry-on Lightweight Hardside Upright Spinner Luggage is made from ADB materials, which gives the shell casing its unique ability to pop back into its original shape if it undergoes pressure during transit or use. This piece also enables you to add extra bags through the “add-a-bag” strap feature. The Traveler’s Choice Cambridge 20-inch Carry-on is also equipped with 360-degree wheels, making it a breeze to make swift turn in corners especially when you’re in a hurry. This luggage is inexpensive, user-friendly, and durable – whether you’re 4 or 80, this Traveler’s Choice model can accommodate your needs.
- Olympia is known for being one of the strongest and most study luggage brands around. Olympia has been recognized for its stylish suitcase designs and numerous useful features integrated into their luggage, which come in a variety of sizes and designs while enabling travelers to save thanks to its low costs. The Olympia Luggage 22” 8 Pocket Rolling Duffel Bag will travel with you and take almost a month’s worth of clothing while being light enough to store away on the overhead. This model is extremely roomy and easy to maneuver, even if it’s filled to the brim. The Olympia Luggage 22” 8 Pocket Rolling Duffel Bag also comes with ultra-convenient side pockets which you can use to safely keep a wide range of accessories ranging from gadgets and electrical cords to personal effects. In fact, we included Olympia and Traveler’s Choice in our best luggage brands overall post.
- IT Luggage has pioneered numerous practical styles and features in its many suitcase designs. Travelers appreciate IT Luggage for the brand’s dedication to marrying design with sensible features, as well as its great price points. The Mega Lite 22-inches Spinner Collection Luggage is made with ultra-light fabric, making it easy to travel with as a carry-on even if you are traveling for several weeks without exceeding your baggage weight limit. Its slim size also makes it useful for traveling long distances since it’s easy for both carrying and pulling, while weighing almost nothing. The Mega Lite 22-inches Spinner Collection Luggage can conveniently fit as much clothing as larger-sized suitcases, even at a smaller size and a fraction of the price. We love how lightweight the entire IT luggage line is while still being durable. IT Luggage is easily one of the best cheap luggage brands you’ll find online.
- Rockland is known for its signature stylish and colorful, yet durable luggage. Rockland’s luggage collections are inspired by the latest trends in both fashion and design, making it the ideal brand of choice for the style-savvy traveler. No more waiting in the baggage carousel – with Rockland luggage, you’ll easily be able to spot yours a mile away! The Rockland Melbourne 20-inch Expandable Abs Carry-On is an excellent choice for a compact luggage, and even comes in 23 colors to choose from. The Rockland Melbourne is space-saving thanks to its size, and is also extremely light-weight. Despite its small size, the Rockland Melbourne 20-inch Expandable can carry a surprising amount of clothing and even if you travel on a weekly basis you can expect this piece to keep up with your travels without breaking on the road nor breaking the bank. The Rockland Melbourne will last several trips over the course of many years.
- Skyway Luggage is a classic American brand that’s been around since 1910. Skyway is known for 3 signature luggage styles, yet all have the same user-friendly features and aesthetics that loyal customers love. The Skyway Luggage Epic 21-inch 2 Wheel Expandable Carry-On is the perfect fit for travelers with flexible and varying travel needs. This luggage can expand up to 2-inches of added space when needed while also functioning as a great carry-on that you can easily store overhead on airplanes. The Skyway Luggage Epic 21-inch is lightweight, sturdy, and affordable; recommended for travelers who need quality suitcases to take on adventures even on exotic, rugged destinations whether by land or by plane.
Many high-end brands capitalize on the exact same characteristics but attach a fancy name to it. Now that you’ve read this guide, you know that you can enjoy similar qualities that luxury travelers do when it comes to their luggage, but you’re only paying a fraction of the cost. The best part is that these luggage brands have been tried and tested by the most seasoned travelers, so you’re paying for quality which will last you many years to come.